Wednesday, October 7, 2009

17.

It's the end of the day and all three are asleep.
We're all alone and neither's uttered a peep.

Too many distractions throughout the day
leave too much to be said to recap in some way.

We're tired, we're worn out. There isn't much else.
We have to recharge and take time for ourselves.

Sometimes I miss them, the good olden days.
Where nothing much mattered; we had time to play.

But our loving and planning have placed us right here.
At the end of the day, so far yet so near.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how tired you are with three, I know I am with one even though he is 17 now. It is so important to take time to "just Be" don't forget each other. It is the only way you will make it through the tough times. You will be great parents and they will get older and less demanding in time. They grow up so fast so cherish these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Troyce. I teased her right before the twins were born. I said, "See you in about 18 years." There are times when we try to just take time for ourselves or remember that we are on the same team. We certainly do try to cherish them now. They are growing up so fast! I can't believe Andrew is 17!!!

    ReplyDelete